Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Introduction

I used to blog. In 8th grade I started a blog to keep in touch with friends and update them on my life. I blogged throughout high school, but over the years my posts became less and less frequent until finally one day, I stopped blogging all together. I no longer had the need to use my blog as a way of keeping in touch with friends or updating them on my life. Instead, I began documenting my life in pictures and posting them on Facebook, writing status updates for undocumented events. For everything else, I made an effort to keep in touch with friends through personal messages and letters. I felt that I had nothing interesting to blog about.

A few years later, I began to miss blogging. There is just something about writing to an unknown reader that gives me, the author, freedom to write about whichever topic interests me. Now, my mind is exploding with ideas and I am eager to share my thoughts and passions with people through writing. Unlike my previous blog, this blog will not be an update of my life, but rather, thoughts and reviews on things of interest to me.

My desire is that through my blog people will learn new things, discover new passions, and consider new perspectives. The title of my blog, "Vera Innblástur", is Icelandic for "Be Inspired" (at least, that's what I got from Google translator). I want my readers to be inspired by the things which have inspired me (to be honest, I just took a cliché Hallmark phrase and translated it into Icelandic because everything sounds cooler in Icelandic).

Some of the things I will write about include...

Music - I will discuss the art and culture of music and review some of my favorite bands and musicians.

Travel and Culture - I will discuss some of my experiences traveling, some cultural differences I have encountered, and recommend places to visit.

Gastronomy - I will discuss culinary arts, review restaurants in Seattle, and share ideas for healthy, easy meals.

Coffee - I will discuss coffee, coffee culture, and where to find the best coffee shops in Seattle.

Other topics:  Foreign language education, photography, and hipsters.


Regardless of what your interests are, I hope you will be inspired!
~Elyse






3 comments:

Heaven said...

I am so happy that you are going to be blogging! I look forward to reading your thoughts on all of these fun subjects :)

Valerie Foskett said...

I love reading blogs and I am excited to read yours. Those are all topics that I enjoy reading about. :)

Heaven said...

ok now I have figured out how to follow you...yay!