In my opinion, most mainstream music, though catchy, is poor in quality, but there are some talented mainstream musicians out there. Also, there is a time and place for every genre of music (except for *cough*country*cough*). Here are some of my favorite mainstream artists:
Justin Timberlake - I have been a fan of JT for over a decade now. From N'Sync to Future Sex/Love Sounds, Justin has always been an amazing singer and dancer.
Timbaland - With his ever versatile music which features a wide variety of musicians and singers, Timbaland makes it to the top of my list.
Mika - Love him.
Coldplay - Who doesn't like Coldplay?
Alicia Keys - She writes her own songs and performs them live.
Black Eyed Peas - I've loved the Black Eyed Peas for years. If I'm in the mood to dance or listen to something upbeat, their music is the best.
Beyonce - What would a bouquet toss be without "Single Ladies"?
Kanye West - He may be arrogant, but he has some great songs!
Enrique Iglesias - Enrique has some great, upbeat songs... and who can resist his Latin charm?
And of course, there are the occasional hit singles by other artists. Sorry, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, you didn't make the list. Maybe next time?
1 comment:
Justin Beiber ranks just for his cuteness alone. (go watch the SNL sketch with him and Tina Fey...it's so funny).
Yeah, I think it's stupid when people dislike music just on popularity alone. It's like, "I don't wear pants because it's a popular way to keep warm." Or something. Silly hipsters/pompous idiots!
Post a Comment